Thursday, August 09, 2007

Gaining (Number) One's Definition

Got this from Azwan Mahzan (who the fuck?) of the JUICE Blog:


"Please, please, please chalk this up as one of my extremely rare I Told You So moments: Common’s latest album, Finding Forever, has debuted at #1 on the Billboard charts, selling 157,000 copies in its first week of sales. Billboard Magazine was touting 2007 as the year of conscious rap, and although Com’s sales triumph might be a rather late harbinger, you know I’m not complaining. Make dollars, but more importantly, make sense."

If you ask me, the album was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaite, but not spectacular. Still, it warms my heart to see Com land on top. The Smoking Section called him Chicago's Nas, and that made me smile. And you know it takes a lot to make me smile, bitches.

Congratulations!

2 comments:

Jason Chee said...

Azwan Mahzan ada kat gambar yang Raj post kat bawah.

WordsManifest said...

sadap. just sadap.