Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bringing it back to the roots!

Chuck all those international shit you've been hearing. Put those 40 ringgit cd's away, delete all those itunes you been getting, fade that underground shit you downloaded and claim is the shizznit. How underground you claim those tracks to be, if you dont have these tracks you Malaysian flea bags can go jump from the top of the so called Malaysian eye (bitten from the name London Eye I suppose, We lack originality mayne!) and see what happens after that.

These tracks are what I call Malaysian underground classics. These tracks are my inspiration and they never seem to get old. Well I know there were definately mixtapes and compilations out there being distributed which i've never heard of, but then again these are the only retro once that i've been listening, and the content and the vibe that it gives out is just mad excellent.

The Sicksiderz - Rap Tak Ingat

When I first heard this joint, I was like "Damn! these guys really got lots to say". It was not only that, when I attended a gig some of them cats were spitting the lyrics of this song on some next instrumental. This tracks really have inspired me and even better, I got to know one member from these sicklings and he turned out to be one of the most down to earth person you could ever meet (real underground shit yo!).

Illustrait ft Scoobee & Shockwon- Mind Matters
This track is truly inspirational, the production and content of this one is ace. The vibe that it projects from the vocals fused with the beat is just out of this world. I dont care how much of airplay they got or how much money they made out of this one but this track is excellent. You guys are entitled to your own opinion, this is what I think about this true malaysian classic, yes classic because everytime I write rhymes, its mind over matter for me.






1 comment:

BHK420 said...

nama aku ada bin..
aku x duduk brooklyn..
aku hidup merempat..
ampang, kg baru, lembah keramat...

jyeah!