Wednesday, October 10, 2007

FIASCOGATE WTF?

Here's the deal - Lupe Fiasco once claimed he's never listened to A Tribe Called Quest, never held them in high regard. Later on he fucked up an electric relaxation performance in VH1's ATCQ tribute section by about what? half a bar? here it is (dope ATCQ tribute though, like dayum):


Suddenly it's a big deal on the internet everywhere. Thing is, I'm a big ass ATCQ fanbwoi and like Lupe to them I don't dig Lupe that much. But this shit going on right now (dubbed FIASCOGATE - whateverthefuck), is ridiculous. What kind of nerd snobbish bullshit is Phonte writing in the okayplayer forum "You fuckin up, my nig. Straight up and down". But then again this is the same dude who moaned about crunk crowds being stupid for not reacting to his music or something like that. Back to Lupe, I mean for a dude who didn't know shit and only fucked up about half a bar, that's pretty impressive, aren't tribute shows already a bait for fucking up lyrics?

Fuck it that's that I hope this is just some publicity stunt ala 50 cent albeit more complex (and non failure-proof) but if it ain't I just hope Lupe survives this massive "dungeons & dragons hip hop" nerdery. On another note, if any of you dudes have never checked out Midnight Marauders at all, I'm gonna beat 'cho ass with a parking meter, literally.

1 comment:

altimet said...

I got love for Lupe. and its ok to say you never listened to a certain album and all, but daaamn this is my all time favorite album and group, man.. no need to talk greasy Wasalu. you over reacted and made a mountain out of a mole hill. come on, now..