Friday, July 20, 2007

Colour

Here's some British Hip Hop for your souls. Phi-Life Cypher one of the untouchables I would say. It was back in 2003 when I first heard these guys. I randomly downloaded thier whole album on soulseek because of the word cypher in their crew's name, and guess what? Im glad I did because the album I downloaded turned out to be one of the most superb rap albums i've ever listened on MP3 no doubt. Lyricism at its best with cuts and stomps from Nappa, Vadim and others i suppose, the whole album sounded sweet.

There were a few tracks that really caught my attention like 'ABC', it was a track where they rhymed thier verses from A to Z. Yeah recently some fucks have done it too but to me these guys were first because I heard their version first in 2003 before any other version so fuck the rest of em. It wasnt just the complex rhymes and such that amazed me. It was the message in some of the songs, like this track im going to link yall called 'Racist'. The content of thier lyrics and the choice of beats they spit on really deserves a place in your ears , so LISTEN!

Phi-Life Cypher - Racist
Phi -Life Cypher - ABC

No comments: